If you are a solicitor (practicing or non-practicing) working in construction, engineering or construction technology – whether in-house or private practice, contentious and/or non-contentious, TECSA membership is potentially open to you, subject to the eligibility criteria.
Our prestigious TECSA membership is open to solicitors operating in all areas of construction and engineering together with the burgeoning area of technology in construction – whether contentious, non-contentious or in-house counsel.
For rising stars less than 10 years qualified, we offer membership via TECSA 10s which offers a dynamic programme of events built around your needs.
TECSA has built up an enviable reputation as a peer-led community for the very best practitioners in the industry, focused on excellence and advancing legal knowledge and skills in every facet of this ever-evolving sector.
However, we can’t be complacent. We are committed to increasing the diversity of TECSA and are constantly evolving, just as the sector that we all know and have chosen to work in, is doing.
TECSA looks forward to welcoming professionals with a passion for construction law who want to shape the future.
Our new 2020 TECSA membership booklet
Benefits of exclusive TECSA membership include:
- Membership of the elite construction solicitors’ professional body
- A range of high-quality ‘professional’ social events to encourage peer group camaraderie
- Regular programme of conferences including Adjudication Conference and Projects and Development Conference
- The opportunity to participate in the TCC Marshal Scheme providing exceptional insight into judicial practice
- Being at the heart of sector dispute resolution whether civil litigation, TECSA adjudication process (normal and low value), Arbitration and ADR/Mediation
- Quarterly TECSA bulletins (possibly Access update from Court Briefings, included) and social media updates
- Opportunity to join Committee & Sub-Committees helping to shape TECSA
- Focused committee and programme of events for solicitors under 10 years qualified – through TECSA 10s
TECSA Eligibility Criteria
To become a TECSA member you need to be able to demonstrate significant experience in the construction, engineering and technology sectors in the UK or globally through contentious and/ or non-contentious work.
You can join if you are a solicitor:
- Eligible to hold or holding a Practising Certificate in England and Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland; or
- Licensed to practice in Australia, South Africa, Hong Kong, Malaysia, New Zealand, Canada, Singapore or any federal or provincial jurisdiction of those countries and who hold an official certificate or license to practice in those jurisdictions AND are practicing in the UK
A typical year of TECSA programming
For rising stars less than 10 years qualified, we offer membership via TECSA 10s which offers a dynamic programme of events built around your needs. You join TECSA in the normal way and will be automatically enrolled as a TECSA 10s member at no additional cost.
In addition to the benefits that you get as a member to TECSA, membership to TECSA 10s gives you:
- Access to additional conferences targeted at improving the legal and technical knowledge
- Access to social and networking events organised for TECSA 10s